Feeling tight or tense sitting all day at your desk? Let us walk you through 7 Ways to Stay Strong at Work.
- Foot Circles with Toes Flexed (Curled): This is a simple movement – it's just making a circle with your feet! However, add in a toe curl (making a fist with your foot) and you'll up the difficulty.
- Toe and Ankle Curl: Simply life your foot up and down through its full range of motion with added toe movements. When you're foot is pointed to the ground, curl your toes in (like a foot fist). When your foot is pointed towards you, point your toes to the sky. Repeat 10 times for 2 sets.
- Upper Trapezius Stretch: Experiencing neck pain? You're not alone – 25% of the population does! Try this stretch two times a day: sit up straight with your feet flat and shoulders back. Grab onto the bottom of your chair with your right hand and slowly tilt your head sideways bringing our left ear towards your left shoulder. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Seated Glute Stretch:Stretching your gluteus maximus improves flexibility and can help prevent injury. Sit on a chair, bring your ankle up onto the knee of your opposite leg. Keep your back straight, and lean forward. Hold for 15 seconds. Lean a bit farther forward pushing gently on your top knee. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the opposite leg.
- Lower-Back Rotation:Sitting on a chair with your feet flat, twist your body so your shoulders rotate to one side. If you need to, use your chair for support by holding on to the base to get a deeper stretch. Hold for 20 seconds, and repeat on the other side.
- Hamstring Stretch with Chair:It's time to stand up! Position yourself behind your chair with your feet firmly planted on the ground. Stand up straight with your shoulders back and feet pointing forward. Don't lock your knees. Keep your neck aligned with your back and lean forward bringing your hips to a 90-degree angle. Keep the weight on our body to help get a deeper stretch instead of leaning on the chair. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Use the FitMyFoot AccuMassager:Use one of the three-points on the AccuMassager to rub out the tense spots on your feet. Work each point along the bottom of your foot from the heel to the toes, then side to side across the heel through the arch and under the toes, and finally finish it off with little circles around the arch of your foot.
Get your custom, 3D printed insoles here:www.fitmyfoot.com.